I finished the quilt, except for the sleeve, I will be stitching that on over the next day or so while I am at the PAQA sponsored Alyson Stanfield artist marketing retreat in Wisconsin.
Before hand stitching, the red painted batting was machine stitched with two threads threaded through the needle to get a bolder weight line from fluorescent colored threads. After I put the backing fabric on and the machine quilting was done, I used embroidery floss, with all 6 strands, to make big bold stitches around the machine stitching on the batting.
To create the stitched graphic line drawing of the 3 of swords, I drew the line art in Adobe Illustrator and printed it out using the tiling option in the print dialog box on 12 sheets of paper. I taped the papers together into one large image and then traced the image onto tracing paper with a sharpie. I pinned the tracing paper in place on the quilt and stitched with a straight stitch over the lines to transfer the design. After tearing away the paper, I used satin stitch "to draw" the bold black lines onto the quilt.
See you thursday...