I finally finished! All I need is some fabulous buttons. This was really interesting to knit, it went together in three pieces. The bottom panel and the two sleeves came up to make the front and back. The seaming is practically invisible. I think I started this in September, it took me a long time but I have been very busy. At least I will have some time to wear it before it gets warm. At the rate we are going we may not see summer until August.
This pattern is free on the Vogue Knitting website. When I knit my swatch, I found I had to go down two needle sizes from an 8 to a 6 to get gauge. So I decided I would cast on the bottom for size small but knit it with size 8 needles and then switch to the size 6 needles and knit the top half in size medium. This saved me casting on about 50 stitches. I knit the sleeves 3/4 of the way with size 6 needles and then switched to size 7 for the shoulder and bodice. I knit this in Knitpicks Andean silk (alpaca, silk and merino) in the color slate. I used 18 skeins.
I think I might have made my Grammie proud with this one.